We have two job vacancies in Corporate Parenting Service for experienced progressed Social workers.
The Corporate Parenting Service is looking to recruit two full-time social workers to work with looked after children. We are seeking committed and enthusiastic workers who are willing to ensure that all our children and young people achieve their potential. Excellent skills in communicating and listening to young people are needed, together with an understanding of and dedication to overcome the challenges that face them.
We would welcome applications from experienced social workers. We have excellent links with local universities to support social workers from their first year of practice, through progression and to maximise their continued professional development.
From us you will receive:
- Good quality, regular supervision
- Comprehensive workforce development programme
- Quarterly Practice and Performance Events, which are practitioner led
- Partnership with Research in Practice
- Opportunities to maximise your Social Work Development
- Contribute to the operational delivery of the Corporate Parenting Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable looked after children and young people by continuously improving outcomes.
- be responsible for social work provision including managing your own caseload whilst managing the reputation of the Department and Council and complying with national and service procedures and guidance.
- demonstrate an ability to identify and assess levels of need (within statutory frameworks) and deliver protective and supportive services for children looked after. This will include maintaining up to date multi agency assessments, plans and reviews.
- Keep the child’s record up to date and clearly reflect the journey of the child, capturing the child’s views, wishes and feelings, and demonstrating in assessments and plans how those views inform the work we do.
- Demonstrate an ability to work critically and reflect on your practice in order to improve and deliver improved outcomes for children.
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.