Sefton Care Experienced Service … We are looking to appoint an experienced and dedicated Qualified Social Worker/Manager to work alongside an established Team Manager to take our Care Experienced Service forward. The successful candidate will have management responsibility for a team of committed Personal Advisors and will be expected to provide robust, reflective supervision in line with Sefton’s supervision policy. As Team Manager, you must be able to demonstrate your understanding of the issues relevant to supporting care experienced young people and adults, including Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Young People, as well as a good working knowledge of safeguarding procedures, legislation, and effective practice in this area. Our aim is to ensure that effective transition and planning for adulthood and independence begins at an earlier stage and our aspiration is to work with all future care experienced young people from age 16 onwards. We have created an additional Team Manager post to enhance and strengthen the support we offer. We would like to hear from you if you have proven management experience or are ready to demonstrate that you are able to step up to this role. You must be a qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
It is an exciting time to join Sefton; with a new DCS in post, increased Service Manager capacity and innovative plans to include a partnership with Leeds City Council who will support us to look at a whole partnership and social work approach; adopting Leeds Family Values strengthening families’ model.
Our offer to you
We want to give our employees the best possible benefits and rewards to attract the best people. We have high aspirations for our children and young people who we want to be happy, heard, healthy and given opportunities to achieve – we want the same for you. If you join Sefton Childrens Social Care, you can expect to receive the following
- To be part of an established, caring, and welcoming team
- Access to good quality, monthly, reflective supervision
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Robust ASYE and practice educator programmes in partnership with HEIs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in-house workforce training and development unit as well as access to several external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking at office sites
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relocation package if applicable
If you would like to have an informal chat about the above post please contact Service Manager, Simon Fisher on 07815465529. We are excited about expanding the service and really look forward to hearing from you!
Applications Close 29/05/2022
Likely Interview Date 17/06/2022
Please also take a look and see how together we can together #MakeADifference www.sefton.gov.uk/socialworkrecruitment
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.