Sefton Fostering Service Are you ready to #MakeADifference?
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards delivering its exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected Borough. Due to the promotion of team members, we have vacancies within our Fostering Service. It is an exciting time to come and work with us; with the appointment of our new DCS, increased senior manager capacity and an exciting partnership with Leeds City Council to implement a whole partnership approach to strengthen our work with children, families and carers. We want to hear from committed Social Workers who can support our development, improvement plans and ultimately outcomes for children, young people, and their families.
1 Full time post – Social Worker – Team 2 - Kinship/ Special Guardianship Assessment
1 Full time post – Supervising Social Worker – Team 4 - Kinship Support, Supervision & Review, Special Guardianship and Post Adoption Support
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England (or if a social work student, clear date for registration within 3 months)
- High aspirations for children and young people; a clear understanding of Corporate Parenting Principles and role of foster parents
- Knowledge of child development and family dynamics
- Knowledge of Fostering National Minimum Standards, childcare legislation, statutory guidance, and best practice research
- Ability to prepare analytical, timely assessments/ reports, statements as required
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Ability to manage your own caseload with appropriate support, guidance, and supervision
- Ability to make child centred, complex decisions, using evidence-based tools and analysis
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to work in partnership with foster parents, children, young people, and families ensuring the voice of the child informs all work
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth
Our offer to you:
We want to give our employees the best possible benefits and rewards to attract the best people. If you join our Fostering Service, you can expect to receive the following:
- To be part of an established, caring and welcoming team
- A manageable caseload
- Access to good quality, monthly, reflective supervision
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Robust ASYE and practice educator programmes in partnership with HEIs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in-house workforce training and development unit as well as access to several external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relocation packages as appropriate
Likely interview date -
So now you’ve heard all about us, we would love to hear about you! If you would like to have an informal chat, please contact Team Manager, Michelle Tomlinson on 07815468612
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.