Team Manager – Assessment Service
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards delivering it’s exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected borough. There really is no better time to join Sefton; we are determined to make improvements with innovative changes planned to include a partnership with Leeds County Council to look at a whole partnership and social work approach; as we adopt Leeds Family Valued Model.
We are looking for a Team Manager to support our newly created Assessment Teams. Ideally, you will have management experience or be ready to take the step up with support from your peers and Service Manager. You will be used to working at pace to ensure timely, child centred assessments are undertaken in partnership with families, carers, and partners. Everyone in Sefton is keen to support new employees and will give you a warm welcome and help you do your best work. You will have a positive outlook and a solution focused approach to demand and supporting your team. Your team will consist of newly qualified and experienced social workers who will need support and work to be individualised to their needs and developmental stage. We are keen to appoint the best Team Managers as we know how important management stability, oversight and supervision is for our teams and our work with children, young people, families, and carers. We have a supportive culture and excellent relationships with our multi-agency partners which will enhance your experience with us. This is an exciting time to come and work in Sefton; there is a real buzz in the Assessment team and a determination to make improvements – if you are an energetic and enthusiastic leader, please join us on our improvement journey.
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England
- A commitment to working transparently; in partnership with children, families, and partner agencies
- Management/ supervisory experience is desirable
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and best practice research and the ability to prepare analytical, timely reports and statements for Court
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Analytical report writing skills and the capacity to support the development of others in this area
- Ability to make child centred, complex decisions, using evidence-based tools and analysis
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to work as a team alongside other managers to achieve best outcomes
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth
Our offer to you:
If you join our Assessment team as a Team Manager, you can expect to receive the following:
- A warm Sefton welcome
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Support from Team Manager colleagues and Service Manager
- Good quality, regular, reflective supervision
- Manageable caseloads for your team
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Robust ASYE, Senior Social Worker progression and practice educator programmes in partnership with HEIs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in-house workforce training and development unit as well as access to a number of external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relocation package as appropriate
Please look at our video and see how together we #MakeADifference
So, now you’ve heard all about us, we would love to hear about you! Please contact Service Manager, Kay Prescott on 07815463245 for an informal chat. We look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews are scheduled for the 29th May 2022
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.