Social Worker Vacancies
We have several opportunities for Qualified and Experienced Social Workers and some for Newly Qualified Inexperienced Social Workers. Preference will be given initially to experienced applicants.
The vacancies are in Children’s Social Care and are full time permanent roles in the North and South of the Borough.
All applicants must be registered with Social Work England
Sefton children’s social care is an innovative, forward thinking place to work where you will find a workforce full of caring and welcoming people who are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of our children and families. We have a supportive culture and excellent relationships with our multi-agency partners.
We can offer you a manageable and diverse caseload whilst supporting you to maintain a healthy work life balance with a generous annual leave entitlement and working from home/flexible working opportunities.
We have a commitment to our staff’s professional development and actively promote career progression and training opportunities that will support your CPD.
This is an exciting time to come and work for us and join us in our improvement journey whilst we strive to provide outstanding services to our children and families across the borough.
If you are as enthusiastic and committed to making a positive impact on the lives of children and families in Sefton as we are, we would love to hear from you!
As a Sefton Children’s Social Care employee, you will receive:
- Manageable caseloads and access to good quality, regular reflective supervision
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Robust ASYE, level 3 and practice educator programmes in partnership with HEIs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in house workforce training and development unit as well as access to a number of external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
We look forward to receiving your application.
Whilst there is a long closing date the application forms are monitored and interviews will be held on a regular basis.
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.