Senior Engineer, Highways Development and Design
Full Time - Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Highways and Public Protection, in our Highways Development and Design service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, hardworking person to fulfil this important role in our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in the highway design service within Transportation and Highway Infrastructure, providing essential support in delivering and managing the strategic transport investment programme and the highway design aspects associated with planning applications.
Job purpose: To support the delivery of the Highways Design function for the Authority by leading or contributing to engineering and infrastructure related matters on highways and associated developments for the Authority and contributing to the delivery of the Council’s long and short-term strategies and investment programmes in transportation planning and highway development.
- Support the Team Leader and Principal Design Engineer in the delivery of the highways design function in order to deliver the objectives of the team and the delivery of the departmental strategies, programmes and operational procedures.
- Deliver projects in the highways design work programme and provide design support to the Transportation and Highway Infrastructure service, including the development control function.
- Provide engineering services for the design, adaption, improvement and maintenance of the public highway and associated development. This typically includes the preparation of feasibility studies, the development of preliminary and detailed design proposals, preparation of contract documents, reports, contract administration and site supervision.
- Provide support for the transportation forward planning programme, typically through the conceptual design, scheme identification, option appraisal and assessment of benefits and value for money.
- Support the Principal Design Engineer in the management, supervision and monitoring of contracts in accordance with statutory and legislative codes of practice, including taking a leading role in Health & Safety, CDM and financial monitoring of contracts.
- Provide professional and technical advice and support as required to enable the Council to undertake its duties as Highways Authority.
If you feel you possess the skills and commitment we are looking for, then we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure that you demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements of the position in your application form.
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.